Wednesday, April 13, 2005

commitment

Seems to me that the older I become, the less permanent the world around me becomes. The feeling of being at peace with the world that I find my self searching for continues to elude me. Is it the struggle for that peace that brings purpose to a life? Is it the struggle for love? Twice now I have made an oath of honor, a vow, to women that moved me...loved me...completed me. Twice now I have been denied in the end. Denied the feeling of peace that came with commitment.

Certainty.

Solid ground.

In the end are love and peace both illusions? Perhaps peace is the journey itself...constant motion towards a lofty goal.

This image is a vision that awaited me exiting the shower one night very late. This is evidence of a small moment of peace. I have since lost this peace that I once held so close.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
image created using a YashicaMAT 124